Total Pageviews

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Tracking Down the GTA III Beta; Part 2

Since my last post on this subject, there have been a few updates to report. Firstly, the Rockstar E3 Press Kit I bought from Ebay arrived and it's a nice thing to own. It obviously contains no demo, only screenshots, some videos, a trailer and a press release statement. However, it came with a name (probably the press officer at the time); Jeff Castaneda. I managed to contact Jeff and ask him about the demo that was playable at E3. Nice guy, however he couldn't really help me and instead, directed me to Rockstar support.

The trail went dead for a while, when I was contacted by a user on YouTube; with some snippets of information about a German journalist that had owned the demo, and sold it on Ebay. I am currently investigating this lead, though I have no idea how far I'll get with it. It would be great to talk to a previous owner though, as that would be a big step forward in tracking down the disc.

More to come soon!

1 comment: