Total Pageviews

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Experience - The worst word in the English language

After finishing my degree and making the decision to undertake a masters course in Journalism, I was faced with the task that every former student is faced with; finding a job. Albeit a part-time one. It then dawned on me that for pretty much every job advertised today, you need experience! Seriously, there was a Christmas temp job at Primark advertised, that stated the dreaded words; 'experience essential.' What kind of experience is required to be able to to handle shit clothes and give crap customer service? Are they wanting experience of working in a sweatshop?

Considered applying to work in a little local cafe, although they not only wanted experience but a 'food hygiene certificate' as well!

:O

I mean, the fact that I'm alive and not sat in hospital shows that I know not to eat raw chicken, then ponder who I could have caught salmonela off... A hygiene certificate could be more apparent in Primark, considering the threat of catching aids from brushing against a casually shopping (I mean shop-lifting) chav.

It's not all doom and gloom. I'm sitting here looking at my Euromillions ticket fro Friday's God-knows-how-many-times rollover. The optimism of winning a cool £126 million jackpot is keeping me going. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment